Spring is finally here in Portland. It’s been nice to feel the sun on my face. Seeing the days last longer. I’m excited to know summer is on the way. If you’ve been following me on instagram (@racheljanelloyd), you know a lot has happened since I posted. Don’t worry more posts about those events are in the works! Stay tuned.

For today, it so feels great to be home. We’ve started planning summer trips. We have Seattle, Montana, and San Juan Islands on the list. More being planned every day. We’ve also started some of our favorite warm weather activities. One of the first being: The Woodburn Tulip Festival.

Woodburn Tulip Festival

As some of you may know, D proposed to me at the Tulip Festival in 2016. We walked around that warm spring day, sat on a bench and decided to spend forever together. Another wonderful fact, thanks to my parents and friends- that VERY bench we sat on, is now in our backyard. It’s a beautiful reminder of that day and the beginning of our lives together. It goes without saying, the Woodburn Tulip Festival has very special memories for my family.

Ultimately, the tulip festival holds a special place in our hearts. It’s a beautiful place to spend an afternoon with friends, loved ones or kids. Stroll the rows of stunning flowers and take some home to brighten up your home. They also have local vendors, wine tasting and much more to check out. It makes for a great way to spend a sunny (or rainy) day.

Feels good to be home. More to come on where I’ve been. Thanks for following along.

Love Rachel Love Rachel Love Rachel Love Rachel Love Rachel Love Rachel Love Rachel Love Rachel Love Rachel Love Rachel

Love, Rachel xo

Catch Up: Woodburn Tulip Festival

m

1. Kate says:

What a beautiful story and wonderful pictures ????

2. Kevan says:

I knew someone who grew up in Holland, Michigan who would always talk about their tulip festival. This one looks great.

3. What cool story about your engagement! And all your photos are stunning!

4. Lee Anne says:

What a gorgeous spot for a proposal! Love this place, so many beautiful colors!

XO
    Lee Anne

5. I don’t think I’ve had a chance yet to give you a proper CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you two 🙂 Love your engagement story – it’s such a special, beautiful place to get engaged!

6. You definitely have been busy! Congratulations on the wedding! I’ve not ever been to the Tulip Festival, mainly because I’m not so sure about the crowds… But it is so spectacular!

7. Leah says:

What a lovely story to remember forever! Your pictures are beautiful, and I bet it’s just amazing to see!

8. Cute story! My hubby and I went to the Woodburn Tulip fields for the first time in 2016! It was a lot of fun!

9. These photos are absolutely beautiful. The tulip festival is on my bucketlist. xx, E https://everelaine.com

10. jessica says:

the tulips are so pretty and enjoy your trip to montana….i used to live there and just love it!

11. Angie says:

I love tulips, and you got some gorgeous shots. SO pretty!

12. I grew up in Ottawa Ontario and they have a tulip festival every year! Since I moved, I have missed it so much!!! Tulips are beautiful. I love them so much!

13. I love the Woodburn Tulip Festival – I could walk around and take pictures all day!

14. Heidi Altree says:

Congratulations! Beautiful and romantic setting for your proposal!

15. Joshua Kim says:

I love going to the Tulip Festival with my wife and kids. The colors and endless rows of Tulips.
    I do feel a little sad when I go towards the end of the Festival when the fields are empty. 🙁

I really love the photos!