The ilani Casino is a new “gaming, dining, entertainment and meeting destination in the Pacific Northwest and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The design of the 368,000 square-foot casino resort will project the culture of the Northwest and pay tribute to the heritage of the Cowlitz Tribe.” (ilaniresort.com) D and I have been to Vegas a time or two, and enjoy a night out for dinner and some cards. There are several Native American casinos in Oregon, but I must say- this is about as close to Vegas as I’ve ever seen in Oregon! They also just recently added an event venue, and the concerts are pretty amazing! It’s an intimate venue, so you are up close and personal with the artist.
Line and Lure
Line and Lure is kind of a fine dining menu with a casual spin. The atmosphere is much more laid back than Michael Jordan’s but the seafood menu is delicious! Most people associate seafood with fine dining, but I loved the more casual vibe. They also have a beautiful patio with panoramic mountain views. The firepit area outside is perfect for the upcoming summer months. Below are my recommendations on what to order, but the food is really wonderful, I don’t think you can go wrong!
- Oysters on the half-shell! I LOVED these!
- Spinach, artichoke, & CRAB dip, served with corn tortilla chips
- Crispy gulf prawns
- Northwest Cioppino – Manila Clams, prawns, scallops, mussels, pappardelle pasta, saffron tomato broth
- Captain’s Plate- Great Lure Kolsch beer batter, rockfish, Pacific cod, breaded clams strips, panko prawns, house-made tartar sauce, chipotle-lemon cocktail sauce, fresh coleslaw.
- Half rack of ribs & grilled prawns – House smoked St. Louis style ribs, honey-chipotle bbq sauce, French fries, fresh coleslaw
- They also have draft beer flights with a wonderful assortment of Pacific Northwest beers! Get a flight to try a couple!